Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Seventy-Five Bloody Pounds?

(Back when it was all proper in the days of White Dwarf 92...)

I've just had the weekly mailshot from my FLGS. This new not-WFRP, the bastard child of 4e, CCG and the WFRP name will cost £75. Shame that, looks like I'll have to forego a copy in favour of my other, cheaper, hobbies such as off-shore powerboating, collecting vintage Bugattis and snorting coke off the buttocks of expensive prostitutes.

I assume at that price that I will never see it played and it will do precisely nothing to dislodge the installation base of 1st and 2nd editions. In other words, no effect upon me whatsoever.

2 comments:

  1. At that price, it's going to be the hardcore WFRP completists who'll get it... only they won't like how it's not their WFRP any more. I certainly don't see the casual gamer picking it up, although I suppose GW wargamers might get it.

    The only person I know of who's getting it buys pretty much everything, so he's not a useful example!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does that compare in adjusted values to the ~£40 we paid for Space Hulk and/or Heroquest back in 89-90?

    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/historic-inflation-calculator reckons it's about par: £40 at 1989 prices equates to about £78.80 in today's money.

    Truly did old fartery and complaining about the cost of living sneak up upon us all. ;)

    That said, I still wouldn't touch WFRPINO with a bargepole.

    ReplyDelete