Monday, 22 February 2010

Miniatures? Ja, Bitte!


OK, I know that in the last post I said that miniatures were the cheesy helmet scrapings of the Devil and the root of all evil for knocking my imagination out of it's groove during RPG sessions. All true but for this post Coop has his wargamer's hat on. It's a white beanie from River Island BTW...


These were groundworked today and photographed pretty much straight away. They are a 20-strong unit of Night Goblin spearmen from the Warhammer "Battle For Skull Pass" set, purchased on Saturday, assembled and painted on Sunday so mark the fastest and most productive day of painting I've ever done, the only time I've ever managed to put a wargames unit of this sort of size together in one day.

Much like the bone-idle painting style adopted for the Silver Skulls Space Fascists a couple of weeks ago, production of these was sped up immensely by the fact that all the grey is simply the grey the models came in, washed with Miracle Dip. The blue faces that a few of the Goblins have are inspired by the 40K Orcs with the blue face-paint (Death Skulls clan I think) but I don't think it's obvious enough in the finished article.

No comments:

Post a Comment