Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Fighting Fantasist Dungeon Geomorphs III

Four new Geomorphs, all in my traditional amateurish style.

11 - Mystery Map


This isn't entirely all my own work since it's an adaptation of a dungeon map found on my hard drive called "Vladikavkaz.jpg", but that name doesn't help identify it since Vladikavkaz is actually the capital of North Ossetia-Alania so obviously that's all Google returns. (And obviously I already knew that before I Googled. Obviously).

So no idea where the original comes from, whether it was a very nicely drawn homebrew or some support download for a commercial adventure.I imagine I downloaded it off Dragonsfoot a couple of years ago.

12 - Eight Exits


Unusual for me in that from each portal the other seven portals can all be reached. This is deliberate.

13 - Precinct 13 of Amen-Re


Inspired by a section of the layout of the Temple of Karnak in Luxor. The lines are a bit wonky on this one, done after about three big mugs of Assam which clearly didn't help the old hand-eye coordination. I've gone through my holiday photos of Karnak to try and locate a shot of this area (which I must have), but it was a couple of years ago and I can't with any certainty tie any photograph in to the Precinct of Amen-Re.

14 - Stygian Statuary


Yeah, there are no statues in this statuary mainly because I got royally pissed off with how difficult it is to draw a hollow circle in GIMP let alone a sodding five-pointed star in the middle. There were intended to be four along each N/S wall of the main chamber and probably a couple on the raised dais. Use your imagination or just use a black felt-tip pen or something.

Work was somewhat uneventful today due to a power cut and corresponding failure to get some vitally important servers up and running (Geek intermission - Active Directory servers won't boot because they can't get an IP address because the DHCP servers aren't logged on and the DHCP servers won't log on because they can't get the policy for their system account off the Active Directory servers because the Active Directory servers won't boot because they can't get an IP address because the DHCP servers aren't logged on and the DHCP servers aren't logged on because the Active Directory servers etc. etc.).

So while waiting for the magical pixies to appear and fix everything I got a lot of sketching done and have loads of corner sections (5x5, 2 entrances) and "endcaps" (10x5, 4 entrances) to GIMP up. Once I hit a serious number, I'm thinking of compiling everything into a nice free PDF ebook for download.

No comments:

Post a Comment