Thursday, 7 February 2013

Oldhammer Warband Thoughts

I need two Hobgoblins for the warband (who will be known as Naztibrootiz and Zhort), so I went through the box with my very old (now retired) Hordes of the Things Goblin army, The Goblins of Crippledick Peak to see what I could find.

These are (I think) Ral Partha Orcs.



These were masquerading as Goblins because they aren't as big as modern Orcs. They have very nice shields for old skool freehand shield designs although BITD I just used GW waterslides.

The other option is these two Chronicle N16 Cave Goblins from the talented hands of Nick Bibby a man who sadly had to stop sculpting when he developed an allergy to epoxy putty. :)



Not sure where I got the idea for ginger goblins from but not a bad one.

Whichever I use, I'll strip and repaint in the traditional Comedy Racist Oriental Yellow of the 1980s Citadel Hobgoblins along with some form of unifying paint scheme to tie everything in together - traditional Khornate dark red and yellow metal sort of thing.

You know, I woke up yesterday morning having had a weird dream that I needed to convert a Fimir into a Were-Fimir that was also a two-headed, two-beaked, one-legged Chaos Spawn at the same time and that this thing would get fucking murdered by bowfire on the first turn despite taking up six months of work to get it finished and painted. Good job, nothing like this ever happens in real life and that Umlaut Göreshitter's Chaos Warband is just Hobgoblins and Chaos Beastmen eh kids?


6 comments:

  1. There's always a silver lining. I reckon once you got past explaining what a two-headed, two-beaked, one-legged fimir were-fimir was to a bookie, you might get some good odds on each of the ways it's going to die on the battlefield...

    I'l put £10 on it having spell of leg-breaking cast on it as its halfway across a tiny stream and the gm ruling that drowns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this. Fun times with leg breaker. I had a good laugh picturing this one going down...

      Delete
  2. Cave Gobbo's get my vote for what it's worth.

    I do have a soft spot for the Ral Partha ones though as I, for some unfathomable reason, bought one lonely blister pack of them as one of my first wargame purchases from a nice shop in Manchester many years ago - I think I may have had a few quid left over from buying Ruglud's Armoured Orcs?

    Weird dream by the way - how do you come up with this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I love that range of Ral Partha's- I think the Chronicle Goblins look more in line with Citadel/Marauder/GW figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you'd strip those ridiculously well-painted minis?!

      Delete
    2. Already done it. Not precious, me. :)

      Delete