Saturday, 1 March 2014

A First Time for Everything


AD&D Unloved 2nd Edition, yesterday at Stourbridge. T1 Village of Hommlet module (or, as I am calling it, Hamlet of Vollage). I'm playing a level 1 Elf Thief called Po Lhari Lingo, I have DEX 19 and 2 hit points. I look at doors and chests, tell the others what's what and then make sure I'm nowhere near the consequences. Bona!

Good session, enjoyed it a lot. Nowt like 2 hit points to keep you on your toes. Can't remember the last time I was a player in an RPG session.

4 comments:

  1. Great OSR-style character name there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so much more fun when one sword blow can smurf you isn't it? No shame in running away is what I says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're actually having a game of 2nd ed on the oldhammer forum and it's proven to be a real pleasure. Being the paladin when you have companions with one figure HPs certainly teaches you your place !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like 2e - the books make much more sense than the 1e books. As a consequence they have less of the inspiring 'creation of a brilliant mind' vibe. And you (or at least I) have to ignore the DMing advice to ensure that your plot gets told regardless of the decisions of the players (to be fair, that might be in one of the blue DMG supplements).

    ReplyDelete