Saturday, 31 May 2014

Cocked Die!

Despite the negativity surrounding the last post (abortive trip to UK Games Expo) a couple of good things did happen gaming-wise over the past couple of days.

Firstly, this from Friday's game of Gruntz is a genuine "as they fell" dice roll.


 Secondly, I needed a new satchel as Old Faithful that has accompanied me around the world, and to work every day has disintegrated. So I found this.


Uber-geek. I ended up having a conversation on the train with the Not-Nephew today about the context sensitive nature of the cursor in ZX Basic. Like you do.

7 comments:

  1. That is an amazing bag, and I say that as a C64 man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the bag from, Coops?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from a ladies handbag stall in the Merry Hill shopping centre in Dudley. Walked past the place and it caught my eye. Also on Amazon - http://tinyurl.com/pm8oah8

      Delete
    2. Brother-in-law birthday sorted!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Coops. Haven't been to the Merry Hell centre for a long time. Mind you, me and the lads took the Expo as an opportunity to do an all nighter in the Beacon Hotel on the Thursday.

      Delete
    4. Ah, buying Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild from a barman you can't actually see because he is hiding inside a C19th lift shaft! That takes me back to my old stomping ground :)

      Delete
    5. At least it guarantees no arguments over who's next to be served. That was a happy warm up for the Friday Expo session. A ruby mild (just the one) followed by a gutful of Amber and the finest pork scratchings in all Christendom. Rounded off by a hair raising drive back to the Metropole in a minibus from the local cab company driven by a driver straight off the boat who didn't know where the NEC was and tried to get us all killed by attempting to get onto the M42 by going up the down sliproad. Happy times!

      Delete